Re: Scripts of the Shows???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByChris Vaughn on May 09, 2002 at 23:46:09:

In Reply to: Re: Scripts of the Shows??? posted byLaura Leff on May 08, 2002 at 14:16:39:

Laura,

Thanks for the help. Specifically I would like just a copy (paper, pdf, etc.) of one.... although I'd get my hands on a real one though.... is envy leaking out?

Do you know of anywhere copies are? I only want one or two to see the format and length of the show when it comes to the writing?

Thanks so much!

Chris Vaughn

: : Just a quick question: Why aren't there any available scripts of the radio shows? Or am I just missing it somewhere..

: : If there are some available somewhere, if you would please let me know.

: It depends on what you mean by "available". Jack donated all his scripts to UCLA, so you can go to Special Collections and see them. Other cast members did similar things; Phil donated his to...(Alice help me out here)...I think either a library in Oregon or in Indiana (his home state). I believe Dennis also donated his.

: If you mean original scripts available for commercial purchase, they are pretty scarce. The draft mimeos were generally trashed, although I'm the proud owner of one of Jack's (which is being used for our recreation in Waukegan...so you'll hear gags that never made it to the air). The people that kept them generally donated them. However, I've heard of people getting scripts by going through the trash of the studio or of the celebrity's home.

: If you mean available on the Web, it's because very few have taken the time to sit down and transcribe the shows. It takes a great deal of time and patience (more than I have) to do it right, and I applaud the people who have done so for other shows and movies.

: Does that answer your question?

: --Laura Leff
: President, IJBFC
: www.jackbenny.org

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title: