Re: J.B.'s favorite place in the house

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByJoan Benny on December 10, 2000 at 23:28:17:

In Reply to: J.B.'s favorite place in the house posted byBob R. on November 15, 2000 at 22:53:52:

: I wonder where Jack's favorite place in the house was? I understand he practiced his violin in the bathroom because Mary and next door neighbor Lucy would complain. Also what was the reason for moving out of Beverly Hills? Also I understand the writers and cast would visit Jack at home for story preparation. It must have been hilarious with lots of adlibing.
Dad's favorite place I think was his bedroom.
As for practicing, he used both his dressing room... which was quite large, and his bathroom... also large. It was because of Mom, not Lucy. I don't think Lucy could have possibly heard it. They moved from Bev. Hills to Holmby Hills because the house seemed too big for them. As it turned out, the place in Holmby was almost the same size although it had only 2 master bedrooms... no guest rooms.
During the radio years, on Wednesdays and Thursdays, the writers gathered at our house... in the library, where they worked on the show. ( not the cast... they rehearsed Saturdays and Sundays at the studio) I was in grade school then, and used to join them after school. Yes, it was hilarious.
Joan B.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]