Re: The Sportsmen Quartet

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByTom Wagner on July 14, 2002 at 11:15:33:

In Reply to: Re: The Sportsmen Quartet posted byJim Hilliker on July 14, 2002 at 00:27:57:

: Tom,

: Excellent! I'm so happy to get all this history behind the Benny show and The Sportsmen Quartet....It's always a treat to get such in-depth and accurate information from a person who has close ties to members of such a group of singers and/or performers on a show...I thank you so much for taking the time to give such a complete and accurate answer to my question.

: I met Thurl Ravenscroft once at a radio station I worked at in Santa Ana, CA around 1984...I knew his Mellomen connection and doing things for various Disneyland attractions over the years, commercials, TV shows, etc...I think he also sang on the "Old Fashioned Revival Hour" over Mutual and ABC with Charles Fuller in the '40s and '50s...

: Anyway, again, Tom, I thank you for answering my
: question about the Sportsmen! Now, I know the rest of the story!

: Jim Hilliker
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jim,
You mentioned that Thurl sang with Charles Fuller on ABC. Was that radio or TV and do you know the name of the show?

BTW, The Sportsmen also appeared on the Burns and Allen show when it was sponsored by Swan Soap as "The Swantettes".

Tom

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]