Re: Who IS That Man????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByLaura Leff on July 16, 2002 at 19:05:15:

In Reply to: Who IS That Man???? posted byGerry O. on July 16, 2002 at 16:17:12:

: I don't know about the other Benny show characters, but I think that an ornament of Jack, dressed in a suit, wearing horn-rimmed glasses and playing the violin would be INSTANTLY recognizable....Oh well, at least it would be to US!

True. My apologies if my previous post was a bit abupt...that's what happens when your boss walks in to your office and wants to talk.

Jack is visual and recognizable. You could do a series just on him, playing the violin, hand on one cheek, hands on either side of the face, with him talking to the mugger holding a gun on him, etc.

But the rest of the cast is a little harder to do. How would a Mary ornament look? What about Rochester (and could you be PC and put him in an apron)? And what would distinguish Dennis and Don from looking like a young guy and a heavy-set guy?

I guess I also think of looking at the figures on the base on the Waukegan statue and debating with Dan as to "Who/what is that?" "I guess that's Mary." "Maybe it's a woman laughing at the show." "Maybe...it's probably Mary." That's not a comment on the quality of the art, just that there aren't specific visual cues like Chaplin's moustache or Moe Howard's hair.

Now the MAXWELL...I'd buy one of those ornaments. And I'm Jewish.

--LL

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]