Re: Just heard Kenny Baker, 1st time. Where learn more?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByTom Wagner on July 21, 2002 at 21:06:42:

In Reply to: Re: Just heard Kenny Baker, 1st time. Where learn more? posted byBill on July 21, 2002 at 09:59:21:

: :He also appeared on Broadway in 1943 in "One Touch of Venus" with Mary Martin so, look for that cast album.

A few months ago I saw someone had posted a religious album that Kenny had recorded in the 50's. He was a devout Christian Scientist and passed away in 1984.

Tom

: : Yesterday I heard Kenny Baker sing for the first time -- on a CD distributed by Yesteryear Music, called "The Wonderful 30's". I found this chat page today while seeking to learn more about Baker, and have read what the page has to say. Would someone please direct me to a place on the web where I might satisfy my curiosity about this remarkable tenor? --E.F. Isaacs

: Kenny Was a regular on Jack's Program from the mid 1930s until about 1939... He also was with Fred Allen, and even had his own show for awhile.. I am unaware whether any of these shows turn up but feel sure that Kenny Baker material must show up on E-Bay and such. Check out some of the Jello Programs for Kenny Baker and then wander over to Fred Allen's side of the comedy dial.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]