Re: Quality of Jack on DVD

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByGerry O. on July 30, 2002 at 11:16:14:

In Reply to: Quality of Jack on DVD posted byAdam Burke on July 30, 2002 at 10:59:10:

: Hey everyone,

: I've been looking at the catalog of Benny broadcasts on DVD that are being advertised over at Shokus Video and was curious about their quality. Has anyone pruchased any of these DVDs, and if so how are they? I'm not concerned about the broadcasts themselves so much as I am the picture quality. I've seen myself and friends scammed in the past by buying what was thought to be a rare find on DVD which ended up being an mpeg burned on someone's home PC or by some fly-by-nite video company. Where I've never heard of Shokus Video before and was underwhelmed by their website, I thought I'd check here to avoid getting ripped off again. Thanks for any help you might have!

: Adam

Shokus Video is far from being a "fly-by-night" video company. They've been in business for over 20 years. They've made real efforts to keep up-to-date on the latest video technology. In fact, when better transfer systems became available, they remastered most of their titles using these newer and better systems. (I upgraded most of my Shokus videos to the "remastered" versions, and you can really tell the difference!).
As for the DVD's, from what I understand, they are in the DVD-R format. In keeping with the other Shokus product, they are professionally transferred. They probably will NOT look like a commercially-released DVD that you would buy on a major label in a retail store, but it won't look like a "basement-produced" copy either.
I bought my Benny volume on VHS (I don't have a DVD player yet...I know, I know!), but the people at Shokus claim that the quality on their DVD is VERY good.
That's about all that I can tell you at this time....Hope that it helps!

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]