Re: Sandy Burns

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByBrad Zinn on July 31, 2002 at 05:35:23:

In Reply to: Sandy Burns posted byGerry O. on July 28, 2002 at 18:43:46:

: : : This Friday (July 26), A&E will premier a new episode of "BIOGRAPHY"....The life of Gracie Allen.
: : : This promises to be a VERY interesting hour, and it will feature new (or at least recent) interviews with Joan Benny and Ronnie Burns, among others.
: : : Of course, I have my fingers crossed that there are some good clips and/or stories involving Jack and Mary Benny.
: : : "BIOGRAPHY" is shown at 8 PM and at Midnight.
: : : So get ready, gang...This should be a GOOD one!
: : ###

: : Yes, it was a very good show on Gracie and did include photos and stories about the Bennys and their relationship with the Burns family...
: : I'm also happy that Joan and Ronnie Burns were included with their interviews for the show, but why wasn't Sandy Burns included?

: : Jim Hilliker

:
: Assuming that Sandy Burns is still alive and in good health, she probably wasn't on the show due to her extreme camera-shyness.
: During the late 1940's and early 50's, the Burnses used to pose for publicity photos with their then-teenaged children, Ronnie and Sandy (the family sitting around the piano, breakfast table, etc.). These photo shoots never seemed to bother Ronnie, but Sandy was VERY shy and always felt awkward posing for the public.
: In the 1950's there WAS talk of having BOTH Ronnie and Sandy appear as themselves on the "Burns & Allen" TV show, but Sandy did not want to appear.
: Once George and Gracie cast Sandy in a VERY small role (as a secretary or something like that), and she later said that she was VERY uncomfortable appearing before the camera.
: I would imagine that Sandy's shyness was the reason for her not appearing on Gracie's bio.

I am absolutely sick over not knowing that this Bio on Gracie appeared until after the second showing had already aired. If anyone has a good quality VHS they would be willing to copy for me @ SP, I'd be glad to pay for the tape and postage...Thanks in advance. Brad Zinn

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]