Re: Benny TV special

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByLaura Leff on August 09, 2002 at 12:26:08:

In Reply to: Benny TV special posted byDon McNerney on August 09, 2002 at 11:07:04:

: At one point--perhaps 5 years ago--I saw a tribute program for Jack Benny. It was hysterical! Truly a "greatest hits" sort of program, with lots of rarities like Jack on the Merv Griffin Show and Jack encountering a "free samples" display in the supermarket.
: I'm not sure who broadcast the show (although I think it was PBS Great Performances or American Masters). Nor can I remember the name of the show. I was too busy laughing to think about those things.
: Now, I would love a tape of the program.
: Can anyone help?

Sounds like it may have been HBO's "Comedy in Bloom" tribute to Jack Benny. It was later run on some PBS stations.

Also possible that it may have been the NBC tribute hosted by Kelsey Grammar. Or the A&E Biography of Jack. I've seen a lot of them use that clip of Jack encountering the "free samples" table.

If someone doesn't respond to you directly from this post, take a look at Programs (at left), then Tape Trading List. Some of the folks on the list do videos as well, and I'm sure someone taped this tribute. Good luck!

--Laura Leff
President, IJBFC
www.jackbenny.org

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: