Re: Jack Benny TV Biopic...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByGerry O. on August 22, 2002 at 10:46:53:

In Reply to: Jack Benny TV Biopic... posted byJeff Gross on August 22, 2002 at 03:45:37:

: Hi, folks - we are currently mounting a Jack Benny TV biopic - I would love to hear from the fans on their thoughts!

: Please e-mail me on your opinions and take on a two-hour movie on the life of the one-and-only JACK BENNY. Especially if you have seen Eddie Carroll's one-man-show, "Laughter in Bloom." Thanks!

: jeff@laughingduck.com

I think that a film bio of Jack's life is a GREAT idea...and LONG overdue!
Contrary to Jack's belief that his life wasn't exciting or even interesting, I've often thought that his life would make a very dramatic story....His career, his relationship with Mary and various friends, and his final illness and resulting death.
I can STILL remember those 1970's news stories when Jack kept cancelling personal appearances and award ceremonies, saying that he "didn't feel well" with stomach problems. More than a few people were scoffing at Jack's concerns, saying that he was getting himself all worked up over nothing, etc.
Little did everyone know (until it was too late) just how VERY ill Jack was!
Yes, I think that a film about Jack's life would make for VERY interesting viewing!

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]