Re: How did you discover Jack Benny?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByScott on October 03, 2002 at 18:30:08:

In Reply to: How did you discover Jack Benny? posted byLaura Leff on September 26, 2000 at 12:58:58:

My dad used to be an executive with the State Farm Mutual Insurance Company. Apparently, State Farm released a record called (I think) "Jack Benny Apps By" or something like that of which Dad got a promotional copy. I recall a drawing of him riding in the back seat of his beloved Maxwell, plating the violin, and Rochester glacing back at him. I also remember seeing his show on TV in the evening (prime time). With either medium, I honestly do not remember what was said UNTIL I was in my early teens, and did not care for the humor of that time. There was something that appealed me to Mr. Benny. I think it was he was modest and humble, not hogging the limelight like so many other comics of that time. I also suspect he was an "everyman" for his audience, and did not have to force his comedy upon others - it seemed to come naturally with him - a true talent. There will be never another Jack Benny! :( -- Scott

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]