Re: It was a writer, not a performer

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByAdam Burke on October 03, 2002 at 18:59:06:

In Reply to: It was a writer, not a performer posted bykurt on October 03, 2002 at 14:23:04:

: Josefsberg was referring to an unnamed comedy writer who had been employed by Jack at one time.

: Josefsberg's stories, by the way, although entertaining, don't always pass the accuracy test.

When you mention comedy writer, I can only think of Harry Cohn, Jack's first writer. If I'm not mistaken Milt's book clearly refered to a "cast member". Are you sure? As far as Milt's inaccuracies, I'm aware of them just by matching some of his anectdotes against the actual broadcasts and other accounts of the same incidents. Thanks for the response and I appreciate any other info or incite you may have.

Adam

:
: I recently read Milt Josefsberg's bio "The Jack Benny Show", and was very intrigued by the section devoted to the rare few that were labled as Jack's "enemies". None surprised me more than an individual who was identified as an un-named former cast member. The story went into detail about initial squabbles over money, then perceived personal slights, to finally the un-named individual not even attending Jack's memorial services. Based on what I've come to learn about the other cast members, and using process of elimination based on Milt's hints, I can only guess that it might be Phil or Mel, as unlikely as that seems. Does anybody have any more information regarding this or perhaps some personal insights that might shed more light on the conflict discussed in the book? I look forward to hearing from you.

: : Adam

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]